Last Updated: July 7, 2020
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
OnPoint offers group benefits and pension products in addition to human resource management software through which personal information can be uploaded about an organization’s employees (“Employees”), including names, addresses, contact information, payroll, benefits and time off. Our customers choose the types of Employee personal information that may be uploaded into our software. We do not collect or use the Employee personal information of our customers for any purpose other than to provide the services or as otherwise agreed to by our customers.
We may otherwise collect and use personal information when you:
- Request a Demo: When you request a free demo, we may collect your name, job title, email address and certain information about your company. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate your free demo.
- Sign-up for Newsletters: When you sign-up to receive mail or e-mail regarding our products and services, we will collect information such as your name, mailing address or email.
- Make a Purchase: If you choose to purchase OnPoint services, we may collect your payment information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, billing address, and payment card information. This information is used to process and fulfill your order.
- Submit a Job Applications: If you apply for a job at OnPoint, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Participate in Surveys or Promotions: We may also ask you for information, such as your name and email address, when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by OnPoint or participate in one of our surveys or other forms of customer research. The information we collect from these contests, promotions and surveys may be used by us to facilitate your participation in the contest, promotion, survey or customer research and to improve our overall customer experience by helping us understand our customers.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service, service offerings, and our Website.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information, without consent, except as otherwise set out herein.
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- To Provide the Services: In connection with the services we provide to our customers, we may disclose personal information to payroll and benefits providers or other third parties at the request of our customers.
- Service Provider Arrangements: In connection with our Website or the services we provide to our customers, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process payments, host our website and store information on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers in the US and Canada and may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities as required under the laws of those jurisdictions. For more information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Sale of Business: OnPoint may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of OnPoint or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: OnPoint and our Canadian, US and other affiliates may provide personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so).
We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
Visiting our Website: We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our customers and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we have collected on behalf of a particular customer, we will direct that individual to the relevant customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
If you submit personal information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
Please contact us at the address set out below if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information; or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.
tyler @ onpointbenefits.ca